New to Yoga?
A good first goal is to come 2-3 times per week.
We recommend starting with Yoga for Beginners or Yoga for Stress Relief.
But don't worry if you try this and feel it's too much - read on for a class designed just for you!
- Slower pace
- Small class sizes
- Detailed instruction
- Learn the foundational poses
- Get familiar with yoga terminology
6-Class Series for $69.
Meets Saturday mornings, 8-9 am. To ensure small class sizes, advanced registration is required. Inquire at the studio, message us through the Contact Us page, or call 505-275.9642.
Tips For Beginners
Turns out the best way to get better at yoga is to try it! Go in with appropriate expectations - you're not going to be great when you first start, and that's okay. We call it a yoga practice for a reason ; ) You'll quickly learn that it's not about "how well you do" or "how flexible you are," it's about taking care of yourself and exploring.
Things To Know For Your First Class
- Wear comfortable clothing, and you'll practice in bare feet. We have a changing room at the studio.
- You'll need a mat - if you don't have one, you can get our favorite starter mat at the studio for $24. It's 6" longer and twice as thick as many of the mats you'll find at sporting goods stores. You can also rent a mat for $1.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before your first class, to register. Most classes are an hour long. Reservations are not required for classes (we only require reservations for workshops).
- Instructors are available before and after class if you have questions - ask away!
- If you don't feel comfortable in a regular class, we also offer privates.